All About Wearing And Caring For Contact Lenses
People wear contact lenses to correct a series of refractive errors. Nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism are refractive errors that may be corrected using contact lenses. Sometimes, they may also help treat diseases, mainly Keratoconus and cornea damage. But these contact lenses need proper care when you use them. How to do that? Well, we will learn about them as we read.
These medical devices need a doctor’s prescription before you can start using them. This ensures the safety of your eyesight. Generally, the doctor prescribes you to buy them after conducting an eye exam. If you suffer from problems like nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism, your doctor will immediately recommend contact lenses for use. As you observe an eye chart, your doctor will measure your vision accurately. That is when they will analyze a prescription for corrective lenses.
How To Wear Your Contact Lenses Properly?
Here’s how to ensure wearing your contact lenses safely-
- Whenever you use a contact lens, always wash and clean your hands before touching them.
- Make sure your contact lenses solution is always fresh when you use them.
- Never lubricate your lenses using your saliva or any other lubricant. Never put the lenses in your mouth.
- Never rinse your lenses in the water. You might lose the lens as it drains away, and the tap water also contains contaminants that can worsen your eyesight.
- Try to disinfect your lens after cleaning them properly.
- Once you remove the contact lenses from the case, empty and rinse the case using a solution, this will be provided to you by the manufacturer. Once you do that, let the storage case dry.
- Lenses recommended to you in a frequent replacement program must be discarded after the expiry period is over.
- Always start by cleaning one lens first. Use saline to rinse the lens properly. You can also use a disinfecting solution for this matter. The instructions will be assigned to you in the cleaning solution label. So, make sure you always store the lens in the right place on time.
Check what contact lenses we offer:
Daily disposable contact lenses
Extended wear contacts – night and day
Contact lenses without prescription
How To Handle Contact Lens?
Whenever you deal with contact lenses, always remember to practice hygiene and cleanliness.
- Always try to clean your hands using a mild soap. Then, dry the lenses using a lint-free towel before you start touching them.
- Make sure you do not use soaps that consist of cold cream, oily cosmetic tools, and lotion.
- Use your fingertips to handle the contact lenses with caution. Also, try to keep your fingernails as short as possible. It helps ensure cleanliness at every step of the way.
What Else About Contact Lenses?
Contact lenses are medical devices that are curated to use for specific periods. Whenever you do that, you need to make sure that you care for them correctly. Maintaining them may not be as easy as it sounds, but it won’t be such a hard day’s task if you follow the process we have mentioned above for you. Also, if you are looking to purchase a good contact lens, visit https://www.contactlenses4us.com/blog/ right away.
Lens Care Tips you Need to Follow Once you But them Online
How Long Can You Wear Contact Lenses?
How Long After Pink Eye, Can You Wear Contacts
Acuvue® Oasys 1-Day with HydraLuxe™
Acuvue Oasys 1-DAY 30 contact lenses with HydraLuxe Imagine wearing contact lenses when you’re out in the sun. It sounds...
Purevision 2HD contact lenses
PureVision 2HD If you don’t like removing contact lenses frequently, you need something that can be used day and night. Luc...
Air Optix Aqua Multifocal 6
Air Optix Aqua Multifocal is the contact lens perfect for people who are suffering from presbyopia - a condition that occ...
1-DAY ACUVUE TRUEYE (30)
The 1-day Acuvue TruEye (30) lens made by Johnson and Johnson, offers the highest UVA and UVB blocking among disposable conta...